Oral Surgery & Extractions
At Meadows Dental Care, our innovative technology combined with a highly-trained surgical staff ensures you can get the treatments you need right in the Palatine area. We are fully equipped to perform complex procedures that will restore your health and eliminate your painful symptoms.
Expert Care You Can Trust
Our leading oral surgeon, Dr. Joseph LaSpisa, has extensive training and experience in oral and maxillofacial surgical techniques and anesthetics. Therefore, we can provide any of the following procedures to restore your oral health:
- Tooth Extraction and Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting
- Oral Cancer Biopsies and Procedures
We will work closely with you to determine the best possible treatment plan and make sure you are well-informed every step of the way. Regardless of the procedure, our surgical staff will ensure that your treatment is safe, comfortable, and efficient. Your health and well-being are our top priority.
Extractions and Wisdom Teeth Removal
Extractions are among the most common form of oral surgery, as it can be an effective treatment for overcrowding, impacted teeth, or even severely damaged and decayed teeth. Extracting wisdom teeth in particular can serve any number of benefits to our patients as well. It can reduce the risk of such complications as overcrowding and impacted teeth, and even save you the cost of extensive dental care in the long-run.
If you are in need of a tooth extraction, you can expect to go through the same general processes during the course of your treatment:
- First, your dentist will perform an oral exam and take a series of x-rays to determine if extraction is the best treatment method for you.
- On the day of the procedure, the treatment process will begin with the administration of an anesthetic to make you comfortable throughout. The strength of the anesthetic will depend on the location of the relevant tooth within the gums. If you have any allergies to anesthesia, be certain to inform your dentist as soon as possible.
- Your surgeon will extract the tooth from the socket, breaking it into multiple parts if necessary. Then, we will apply gauze to control the bleeding at the site of extraction.
- After the surgery is complete, you will need someone to drive you home from our Palatine office, as the effects of the anesthesia will still be wearing off. To help facilitate the recovery process, your surgical staff will provide you will all of the necessary information to help you keep the procedure site clean and healthy, as well as any necessary prescriptions for pain management or antibiotics to ensure a quick and comfortable recovery process.
Do you have any questions regarding your potential procedure, payments, recovery processes, etc.? Looking to schedule your consultation appointment? Our helpful staff will answer any of your questions so that you can feel fully informed before the procedure. Contact Meadows Dental Care today to book your consultation!